How to apply for Affirm:
Once the customer confirms their order:
The customer will be redirected to Affirm where they will provide their phone number. If this is the customer's first time applying with Affirm, they will be prompted to provide some basic information to create their account. If they have applied with us before they can immediately move on to the next step of the application.
- The customer will then be sent a security pin via SMS to verify their mobile number. Once this pin has been entered, the underwriting process (~15 seconds) begins.
- next they will be presented with their loan decision. If approved, they can select the term length that works best for them.
- If the customer is declined, they will see a brief declination message, in addition to receiving a more detailed explanation via email around the decision.
- Next, the customer will be shown a brief summary of the loan, which includes: monthly payment, the term length selected, the maximum interest they would pay on the loan, as well as a total of those payments.
- As a final step, the customer will review the Truth in Lending Disclosure, which contains the number of payments, the amount of each payment, as well as the date the first payment is due.
- After they confirm the loan they will be redirected to your normal order confirmation page.
How do I make my payments?
Before each payment is due, Affirm sends you an email or SMS reminder with the installment amount that is coming due and the due date. You have the option to sign up for autopay, so you don’t risk missing a payment.
Follow these steps to make a payment:
- Go to www.affirm.com/account.
- Enter your mobile phone number. Affirm sends a personalized security PIN to your phone.
- Enter this security PIN into the form on the next page and click Sign in.
- After you sign in, a list of your loans appears, with payments that are coming due. Click the loan payment you would like to make.
- Make a payment using a debit card or ACH bank transfer.
Can I amend my order after my purchase has been processed? Can I be approved for a higher loan amount if my purchase amount increases?
You cannot edit your order after you have confirmed your loan. If you want to add items to your purchase, apply for another loan with Affirm or use a different payment method.